The Affiliate Marketing Journey 

Shew - if I had to describe the journey of affiliate marketing it would be something like this:

You wake up in the morning with energy and put on your brand-new hiking outfit, fancy shoes and cheerful disposition. You're going on a trip to a really great place you heard about. You're not sure of the exact directions, but you know the vague destination. Nothing can dispel your optimism!

Off you go, humming a tune, brimming with the feel-good vibes of sunny optimism. But, after a few miles you notice that it's kinda warm out and you've only packed a small water bottle. No matter, you stop and ask for help, even overpay quite a bit for refreshments and directions that the guy swears are "100% correct".

He was lying, but little do you know he is the first of many you will meet on this perilous journey. Some are charlatans, some are idiots and some are well-meaning morons. None get you closer to your goal. Most hinder you, some hurt you while others just disappoint. When you need food, they offer you something stale. When you need more water, it's either murky or too expensive. Don't even get me started on the new shoes or clothes...

A few of them actually want to join you on your journey. They say they've heard about the same place and are true believers. But after a short time, you end up having to carry them on your back, feed, them, clothe them and sometimes even clean up their crap. (it's a metaphor folks - but it's on the nose)

It's all too much and you just want to be alone. You're broken, you're physically and emotionally drained...this is the end. But, then in the distance you see something - is it a mirage or the place you've been dreaming of?

For endless days you walk, and your paradise only seems to inch closer. How long with this journey be? Will you ever reach the carrot at the end of the stick?

That sums up how I feel about my Ultragambler.com endeavour. I'm not giving up, but maybe I should. I've learnt an immense amount as I now crawl towards the dream of having a profitable online business. But apparently, I haven't learn when to call it quits.... 



Comments